Happy Winter Solstice!


Instead of my usual blathering on about the many holidays of the season

My personal favorite (Winter Solstice)

How I am looking forward to warmer days (tho it was 80 two days ago)

I thought I would just gift you this poem and call it a wrap

(those of you familiar with my poetry are wishing for some blather right now)


The spider


My wife pointed out the spider on the wall


"Get it", she said


I knew what must be done.


There would be no bartering for this spider's life


Firmly grasping the poetry journal I had been skimming


I lunged toward the beast


"Use a tissue, I'll need evidence",


she said,


too late


The magazine swacked the wall with it's deathly blow


"Nothing more dangerous than poetry" I said






Comments

pranaglider said…
Posting will be a little spotty this week. A bit of travel in store tomorrow etc. There looks to be a surf window Wed / Thur when wind swell and tide come together. Don't tell anyone just go!
karmic voyager said…
love it. spider as sacrament for the longest night of the year. there could be worse offerings...

Popular Posts