/*23 Breaths: Happy Winter Solstice!*/

Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Winter Solstice!


Instead of my usual blathering on about the many holidays of the season

My personal favorite (Winter Solstice)

How I am looking forward to warmer days (tho it was 80 two days ago)

I thought I would just gift you this poem and call it a wrap

(those of you familiar with my poetry are wishing for some blather right now)


The spider


My wife pointed out the spider on the wall


"Get it", she said


I knew what must be done.


There would be no bartering for this spider's life


Firmly grasping the poetry journal I had been skimming


I lunged toward the beast


"Use a tissue, I'll need evidence",


she said,


too late


The magazine swacked the wall with it's deathly blow


"Nothing more dangerous than poetry" I said






3 comments:

pranaglider said...

Posting will be a little spotty this week. A bit of travel in store tomorrow etc. There looks to be a surf window Wed / Thur when wind swell and tide come together. Don't tell anyone just go!

Okemah said...

Poor Boris!

surf: karmic voyager said...

love it. spider as sacrament for the longest night of the year. there could be worse offerings...