This week's "Board from the Rafters"

Dims 7'1" 15x20x14 wide point forward of center single fin

Getting rinsed off during last weeks torrential downpour

"I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille"

Yet another shot that distorts the length of the board

But it does give you an idea of the outline. Nice tail.

Rails are soft through the middle and get a little harder in the tail

Yeah I know the lawn needs work, but then, so do I.

Glassed in fin drilled for a connection to the leg rope

Ole did a lot of boards this shade of light blue. I really like it.

From the shed of Bob "Ole" Olsen

No disrespect to Mr. Olsen. The shop, as I remember it in Sunset Beach Ca.was little more than a tool shed. If you saw something you liked you had to take it outside to check it out. His shop is where the current Bruce Jones shop is today. When I was thirteen I thought he was ancient. I did the math and he was forty! Nice article on the Maui Time website.


Seventy Nine and still mowin' foam in Maui.

Smart man!


Bought this one from the neighbor kids for 5 bucks, another 10 got the neon yellow short john wetsuit.

I love garage sales!

Comments

pranaglider said…
I had fun with last weeks Brewer so I thought I might make it a semi regular feature. Let me know what you think in the blog-o-sphere.

It's all for you Damien!
turtle said…
Nice, Ole keeps it real. I enjoyed watching him glue up and shape a redwood board under the banyan tree last time I was there in '03. Les would check in from time to time to see how it was coming. Still sporting the exact same logo 40 some yrs. later. That's real.

Popular Posts