They call it stormy Monday

but Tuesday's just as bad

No you didn't skip your meds this 23B post is a repeat. Or as we like to call it a golden oldie posted January 10, 2010, with me kibitzing in yellow.



So there have been some waves locally,  disasters internationally and rain predicted thru the end of the week.
(yea I haven't really checked yet but I think this will stand-up, if you pardon the expression)

But let's focus on the positive.

Really fine work over at Nine Lights surfboards
Check out the details and the rest of the pictures here.

(good work is still a beautiful thing)

There is a review of every swim fin known to man or woman over at
SurfMatters this morning.

(still worth a read)

I did manage to get some good ones over the last week or so. (not)

My favorite local overly polluted river mouth had been walled up,  too high tidy and just plain funky for days.
But on the second check of the morning, the tide, swell and stars aligned and "Poo Bar" (you know you surf the wrong places when bathymetric features have the prefix "poo" ) became "Poo Point" an for a little while I got  some of the longest rights I have ridden in ages.
(I only wish this part was true, some Poo Bar is looking good about now, although the runoff is incredible!)
The nice thing about long steep waves of a decent size, is that on a mat you just seem to go faster and faster.
No down shifting, side sliding, stay in the pocket on these waves.
Just full bore,
"let's open it up and see what his puppy can do"
"oh please let me make this next section and I promise I'll stop sinning"
speed runs down the line.

Pure and Simple
I almost drown
Good Times!

A new found thing ripped from the pages of  Lost, Stolen or Ripped off


I have no idea who what or where but it looks nice!

We started a Christmas tradition around here a few years ago and it's worked out well enough to share. If it's not done by the Monday before Christmas it's not going to get done. (there are a few exceptions but they mostly involve shopping for vegetables)  So to the extent that you can try to relax and flow through the next few days (apart from the Wild Winter Solstice Celebration tomorrow), try to hold on to a little bit of the Spirit of the Holidays.

Comments

Val said…
I think that Photo might be of KP's garage?
Growling Gecko said…
Stormy Monday? One of the songs the new band will be performing.

Popular Posts