One day ear

 (early morning monsoonal moisture. How about this weather?!)

I had surfed on Saturday and so on Sunday when I woke up with a powerful hunger for eggs,

(small but warm waves, eight o'clock and no one out)

my wife and I decided that we would go to one of our favorite places for breakfast.


The Stuff Surfer is on the beach in Newport. Since it's after Labor Day you can get a place to park and a there are open tables. You order and pay inside and they bring out your food and you get to eat  with your toes in the sand.


I've never had a bad breakfast burrito. (Actually I've never had a bad burrito of any description) The potatoes, grilled with red onions are to die for!

You may have noticed there was still some small swell running in the picture above at a place that is best described as in between the Point and School Yards.

You may be wondering why I didn't just go surf and then have brunch.

It seems that my Surfer's Ear has progressed to the point where my doctor calls it "one day ear" as in 'one day' you are going to have to have surgery to open up that ear canal or as I refer to it I can go surfing for 'one day' then my ear swells up and closes for a couple of days.

One day ear

Comments

Popular Posts