The End is Naught

You probably won't read a comprehensible post out of me for a while.

and if I do it will be in the language of the bees, indecipherable to your ears.


I recently purchased a stove top espresso maker. A bit of kit I have long pondered and resisted until just last weekend.

Karl Marx said that "the history of society is the history of class struggle".

I would say that the history of my surfing has been the struggle to get myself out of bed in the morning, down to the beach and into a damp smelly wetsuit.

After that things just sort of run their course.

I have long used coffee (way before Starbucks) to make my day a little more pleasant, a little more active and woke. I mean that, not in some new age rap sort of way but as in chemically awake.  I resisted espresso, but as we all know, the flesh is weak. Taking a taste here and there. A latte maybe an extra shot for the early morning run to Trestles. Knowing full well what lay in those cards not dealt.

But now my future spreads out in front of me
like a sack of coffee beans spilled upon the floor.
Heading off in multiple directions at once,
with neither rhyme nor reason in sight.

P.S.

Things have gotten weird.
but the data looks good
And I'm a data guy.

Bruce

Comments

Popular Posts