Greeting the Dawn






The early morning

holds a newfound fascination
the early clouds
the plants and bushes
that give off heightened levels
of aromas
designed over millennia
to repel or attract
local fauna

the birds
start every morning
with a symphony
of chatter


I never knew


Back in the days before
mornings were that time between
bed and ocean
imbibing in massive amounts of coffee
and obscene quantities of sugar
If I could find both of my booties
and they were dry
it was a good morning

Now-a-days
I try to enjoy my time
on dry land
just as much
in the water

mornings
consist of preparing
for the full day ahead
some tea
light stretching
mindful eating
feeding the birds
and taking a good look around





the dawn
orange as a pumpkin
reveals
palm trees lit up like matchsticks
another hot dry year
another year of burning
the morning commute
smells like a campfire
and tastes like
memories and tears

Comments

Popular Posts