What is the best surf car?

VW bug

Everyones favorite car from back in the day!
Add a set of Aloha racks you can take 4 buddies and their long board to Trestles for the glass off
*Historical Fact - the trip to Trestles is financed by cashing in pop bottles

VW Bus


see VW Bug above and add more buddies or subtract the buddies and take your girlfriend, configurable for short or extended surf trips

Mini Truck

You can't bring a crowd - (big plus these days)
plus you have plenty of room for whatever.
If you add a shell you have security and a motel room!
This still has good gas mileage

Bike


Given the world wide economy, gas prices and my personal employment situation...

I would add a rack for my mat, fins and wetsuit


So let me know what is or was your best surf car ever?



Comments

Speedshaper said…
A '54 Ford Sedan Delivery I had in 1965. Had a 322 cu.in. Buick "Nailhead" engine and slicks so big you had to deflate them to that the wheels off. Flat black primer paint way before "Rat Rods". In my Surfing/Hot Rod crossover era. Surfing won since it was MUCH cheaper and athletic.
I ""downsized" two years later to a stock '53 Chevy Sedan Delivery With the in-line 6 engine so I could drive from the South Bay to Swami's and back on less than $5 of fuel.
If you were born after 1968 you probably don't know what a Sedan Delivery is. (A Station Wagon without windows, just sheet metal.) Front passenger seat flipped forward so a longboard could fit in easily.

Popular Posts