not enough beach

I used to surf on the south side of the pier.

Good waves

I've surfed there more times than I can count

I pretty much spent my entire teenage years waiting for the waves to wedge up next to the pier

I don't surf there much anymore

There are other places

Maybe less crowded, maybe not

But the whole thing, the circus if  you will

is just a bit too much for me to make sometimes.

Huntington is the epicenter of the surf industrial complex



The tee shirts,

the thousands of seemingly soul less machine shaped blanks

milled within a milligram of each other identical in every regard

(ever wonder why the kids spray paint a happy face on 'em?)

glassed too well

Not a mat in sight I might add...

Then there is the tourist industry

I full swing in and around the Pier

the vendors of miscellaneous surf and non surf related crap.

On Oahu the North Shore was county and the South Shore was town

In California HB is defiantly town

As I have come to think of it

Too much Huntington and not enough beach

Comments

Popular Posts