Are we cool?

A deep marine layer with solid south wind

early morning sprinkles giving way

to eggs, hash browns and coffee

The official breakfast of spring and June gloom

You may be cool but are you 
"Eating eggs off your owns fins at the beach cool?"
Some of the local core at a Hand Plane Hoedown
Many moons ago

I turn my back on the ocean
To face the saw tooth mountains, just foothills really
The site of shore break a millennium ago, now the beginning of the drainage 
that feeds this region.

I gather seeds
To sow a coat
of flowers to wear
next Spring

Comments

Dr. Lang said…
Other than you on the mat and your cat photos this may be one of the best shots ever. Eating spam and what not off your fin. Come on.
pranaglider said…
My wife took this one at one of the Hand Plane Hoedowns. I don't have any backstory but I've thought a lot about it. I'm not sure if it was performance art or just breakfast. Cool either way.

Popular Posts