I used to ride a raft


I knew it was coming

all the signs were there

plain as day.

Sitting outside beyond the break

(what am I doing there?)

we two travelers

unintentionally pushed into some communal space

requiring a polite attempt at conversation

The guy looks down at me

from atop his 9'6"

with four fins

and the after market turbo boost

it looks like he feeds it raw liver twice a day

Here it comes,

is it too late to paddle away?

"Yep, I used to ride a raft when I was a kid!"


Comments

Anonymous said…
So on the money with that comment ,i get that all the time ...
KingWaka said…
Ha...had that said to me last Saturday when we all jumped in with Surfoplanes!!
Anonymous said…
Whilst travelling just recently OS on a surf trip,i had a young Euro Try Hard surfer ask me if that was a LiLo i was riding ...?
GravitySurge said…
"back when I used to value fun over image I rode a raft."

Popular Posts