AS WE DRIFT

gravitationally attached

to this rock
in a small
south west drainage
west of the mountains
all of it
hurling thru
space




I take walks
and the walk takes me
Spring rains
pay off in gold


I wash my hands
I stay away
I hope to play
another day


the planet wobbles

From the deep pool of calm 
that comes at the end 
of a long slow exhale

Our next breath 
comes to us 
as the spring 

I haven't been sure of the day of the week
since before Christmas
wake me when the
warm breeze blows

Ahh Summer 
do they really have those
anymore?



The Good Stuff-

South swells are good! Why do you think everyone calls them swell?  They come in all sizes from micro ankle slappers to  "thunder from down under", XXL and oh my God size.  

Pretty much a religion amongst surfers in the SoCal region.  To wit, on one of the appropriately colored black and blue duck feet I bought used is one word "South".  I believe the fin was used in some pagan rite to welcome the south swells back to these shores.  Good Mana
More Daylight
No more darkness at 6:30pm. Can you say glass off? 
Actually just a rumor, more of a urban legend, it never really happens 
so don't bother going down to check it.


Spring has a smell
all it's own
the coastal sage
early bloomer
feeds the bees


the pungent scent
riding on the
morning coastal fog
that so perfectly defines
the region

Comments

Popular Posts