Handplane Hoedown


"The first thing you need when going body surfing is a fresh body"

Meet up with dozens of my closest personal friends yesterday at the Fall Handplane Hoedown on Saturday.

A  big thank you to Brown Fish for organizing the gathering.

The event coincided with a another peak in the ongoing heatwave here in SoCal and an unfortunate high tide mid morning.

The high tide moved the break on shore and I don't think I have ever seen so many wompers stuffed in so many onshore tubes in one place on one day.

I managed to dodge the tube all day but still had sand pounded in every open bodily orifice.

Yes even there. 

Unfortunately my mad organizational skills didn't include charging up the battery on my camera so I don't have any pictures to share.

Fortunately at least half of the people on the beach had GoPros and so I'm sure there will be sufficient documentation scattered about on the Internet in all the usual places.

Good Times  

Comments

Popular Posts