An Aural Inventory

In my chosen profession

as a personal security force

for the cat

(we have coyotes)

there is some down time

not that I neglect my duties

we've had many days

since the last coyote sighting

but there are times

when it's just me, the cat and the morning

the cat doesn't talk much anyway

and she's is usually looking for a good place to poop

but the morning has a great deal to say

the weather 

past current and future

all need some attention

but after that

it's just me and my coffee

and the birds

and a little time

set aside to do 

an aural inventory of the avifauna

just me, my empty cup and a empty cat

that is until 7

when the jets take off

spewing soundwaves in every direction

like a south wind of sound

ruining the conditions

not even my surf mat can fix that


 


Comments

Popular Posts