Out-side-in-the-middles

 as the summer fast approaches

we trade serious Winter wet suits for Spring suits
and later just trunks and a tan
we also swap the northern hemi swells
for the southern swells


the change in swell direction 
the sand (hopefully) building up in all the right places
a few seasonal position changes

I like to surf at a place I call outside in the middles
a fictional place perhaps but read on
The outside is where the dominant swell is breaking
and like moths to a flame this is where all the "surfers" sit
the longboarders, SUPers and kayakers 
sit a little farther out, of course

Since it's always overhead on the mat
size is no object
so I sit at inside in the middles
catching my choice
of the crossed up dredging peaks
a happy little mashup 
of all the other swells running
breathing in breathing out

Comments

pranaglider said…
I have to add that I surf beach break with roaming sandbars. If you are at a point break, a reef or the like you may need to rethink sitting inside.

Popular Posts