a few weeks away

In the pre dawn 

I spoke to the cat

I explained about Benjamin Franklin 

about daylight savings

preserving the lamp oil

about more light in the evenings

I even mentioned 

that coyotes were waiting in the dark

down at the corner

all he did

was look at his 

iWatch

and say

"I'm a citizen of the world bub, no one does this.

You let me out last week at 6:23

It's 6:30 now

What's the holdup?"



I try not to be such a calendar watcher
light enough to see across the street in the early morn
the squirrels and birds
banging on the door demanding food
is good enough for me
that and the smell of Coppertone
enough solar radiation to burn the hide off you
the wrathful hordes
descending on the shore
15 bucks to park all day
in it's totality
it’s starting to look like summer

Comments

Popular Posts