Misc Wednesday

After the mat last weekend most of us went to lunch to talk mats surf etc

I noticed that several of us preferred fish when we surfed boards and found the lines that one takes when surfing a fish similar to the ones on the mat.

I ran across this quote from Dan Malloy on the er website and it seems to summarize the feeling nicely. "..The Fish gives you perspective on where the energy of the wave is. It's about the high line, speed and flow." The rest of the quote is below for your reading pleasure.

""I've really learned a ton about my surfing by riding Fishes," says Dan Malloy, one of a handful of pro surfers who grew up on thrusters but have recently turned to the Fish in an effort to reexamine creative performance surfing. "I'll jump back on my thrusters, and wonder, 'Oh, my god, why am I wiggling so much?' The Fish gives you perspective on where the energy of the wave is. It's about the high line, speed and flow." Which is exactly what its creator had in mind all those years ago. And although Lis continues to make a few boards for a handful of friends, he still marvels at the enduring popularity of his little Fish."

Let me know what you think.

Mattitude has just finished editing Ken McKnight's the mat footage from his trip to Maui. Looks like fun.

Comments

Popular Posts