Wandering Through Winter


My wife picked this up for me in a used book shop we were browsing
The fourth in a series of books by naturalist Edwin Way Teale details the journey he and his wife Nellie made through the US. Nellie must have been a peach.
This one starts in San Diego and ends in the North East.

I like the title, maybe I can relate to wandering.
Tom Curren went on a Search.
Myself, I can only say I go for a Wander.

You never know what you are going to find. 
Sometimes there is rain, sometimes good conditions but no swell.
Sometimes solid swell and offshore.

You never know.
I always bring a mat.
Always the best tool for the job.

Comments

Piskian said…
Sounds good.Reading Robert Macfarlane’s latest,”Underland”.Fascinating as always.Think you’d enjoy Patrick Leigh-Fermor and Laurie Kee’s wanderings too,if you haven’t done so already.
Piskian said…
Laurie Lee,damn this uneducated Apple word prediction!

Popular Posts