Mid Winter Soup Weather

Now that our bit of NE wind has slacked off
all the leaves in my yard are uniformly
stacked on one side
the dead of winter can continue
expect daytime highs in the low 60's
combined with wind
from various directions

The swells
will also be coming from
various directions
some variation on NW
being the most popular
for this time of year

I'm looking forward
to some soup

I know I used this one just the other day but it's one of my favorites. 
It was my desktop for six months last year. 
I'm not sure of the photographer but it's really a beauty

The Waves
like lost children
their riders
gliding on slopes supreme
gather on points
and bends in the
coastline

Hoping to meet
a friend
to pass the time
perhaps find
their way back
to long forgotten
memories

Comments

Popular Posts