Against the day


400 pages in and I have already had to renew the loan from the library once.

Pynchon's work is like a dense rich meal and I just can't seem to read 100 pages at a crack like I do with most things.

Since I have already read Vineland, Inherent Vice, The Crying Lot of 49 and took a stab at Gravity's Rainbow I know I will finish this and start on GR again.


It is an interesting read and a great exercise program. 

***

Holding a 1000 page book at my narrow acceptable focal length.

No yoga butt for me.

Heavy book reader's forearms is the new black. 

***
A repost

but just change the authors name
from Pynchon to Murakami
and we're good


Comments

Piskian said…
Have a crack at Roger Deakin’s Waterlog,if you have time.
Murakami is good;I especially like The Wild Sheepchase.
Anonymous said…
Murakami is so fun if you read the thicker ones. Look,Bruce: I found you in 2 spots. I’m thinking about a drive south. Maybe I can meet up with you,talk about books, Dale,and help me immerse my virgin pneumatic.
Jeff said…
Gravity's Rainbow is a must read of his work. Check out Gabriel Garcia Marquez's book 100 years of solitude and other works if you enjoy Pynchon's books.

Popular Posts