The once a year I use my surf racks...

What a pain in the butt...

Often this time of year, my friends and neighbors will ask me...

“Pranaglider, (yes my friends and neighbors call me Pranaglider) I am going to get a Christmas tree this year and I want to know if there is anything I can add to the water at the bottom of the tree to make tree last longer.”

Yes fiends, there is

I take the citrus fruit that ripened and fell off the tree,

I cut the orange or lemon in half and throw the half with bad part away.

I squeeze the juice of the fruit into the water I am going to add to the tree.

I believe that the acid from the juice keeps the microbial growth down, but orange juice is complex enough for there to be additional actions.

Next add some sugar

The tree will drink the sugar and live a little longer.

In my family the kids will put in an aspirin tablet into the water too.

Not sure what that does

something I am sure

So there you have it

I put lemonade in the water under the tree!

This also makes a nice new years morning drink, if you over imbibe...

Comments

Unknown said…
Ill have to try the lemon thing. 'Imbibe' I like
piskian said…
Always drank pine needle juice with Akkavit when I lived in Lofotens.By way ,think Daily Bread blog be buggered...
Have a lovely New Year.Hope UKMS can make it over and lay it down...
piskian said…
Needle juice sterilises lasses up the duff,too.

Popular Posts