Tuesday's Board from the Rafters

AC Blue 6-7 11.35 19.25 13.75 2.55 4.75 2.15 11.25 3.25
(Rusty is good about giving you the dims)

My 80's trifin - a really fun board
Love the 80's day glow lam!

Not quite as narrow as it looks in the picture above.

Thick enough to catch waves, made before the glass sliver mentality took over.

The bottom has seen some action.
One fin was busted off and reattached

The tail bump was the rage,
look for it where the wood below the board intersects the rail line

Day glow nose guard to match the lam
Bought this one used (like most of my boards) so I can't claim credit

It was a time of BIG lams


This replaced my Brewer as the "go to" board when it was good.

As soon as I win the Lotto I'm going to ask Mr. Rusty to shape me several more!

These boards have gotten popular again because
"they are fun to ride"

I know not everyone is going to ride a mat but
eventually the mega surfboard suppliers should consider
producing boards that average surfer can ride in average
conditions and have fun.

I know I'm a marketing GENIUS!

On the other hand, a lot of back yard shapers and
small volume custom shapers probably make their livings
making boards a little longer, wider and thicker
than the slippers I see at Jack's and the other
big box, surf superstores stores.

And that's a good thing.

Support your local shaper / glasser!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Historically, this board would fit in during the Occy period (big bottom turn and big cutback) and before the current bottom turn tail slide era.
Surf4ever said…
What a 80's beauty!
Thank's for the comment at Surf4ever. I saw that Steve Conti's photo at a web forum with your words “A good surf car should come with a view”, and found it really good, so it became a post overthere, and I like to give credits/links of what is posted overthere.
Cheers,
Gustavo

Popular Posts